Wednesday, June 3

I dO FREESTYLE: Sashay

Every month at I dO MUSIC we have a segment titled "I dO Freestyle" where various emcees step to the stage and let loose 16 from the beats Dj Teknology chooses to play. The crowd decides who handled the impromptu performance the best and receives an One on One interview at Patchwerk Recording Studios.

"I dO MUSIC" May brought us Sashay who will also be performing this Thursday at Apache Cafe.

How long have you been writing music?

I’ve been writing music since the age of 12. Production came later on. So around 7 yrs for just the area of producing..

When did you realize this was the career for you?

I realized how deep my love for music was at 12. I’ve been striving to make it happen ever since.

Who are your influences?

My influences are my older brother Sed, Jay-Z, India Arie, Yolanda Adams, of course MC Lyte, Anthony Sims aka T-Cap, and Leon Timbo

Do you have any projects currently out? Are you working on anything now? Details & dates?

Yes..I do have an independent album out titled “Open Archives”..found on ITunes, cdbaby.com, and several other Internet sites. I’m currently working on a few R&B projects..and a new mixtape ..”Breath of da ‘ Streets..vol 2”

How did you get involved with the "IdOMusic" program?

A few of my people kept telling me that they heard about it and they felt it would be beneficial for me, so I decided to fall thru back in February and I’ve been coming ever since.

What do you most like about the "IdOMusic" program?

I love the fact that they give indie artist an opportunity to shine through performances and interviews..I don’t know of any other music hustles that involve that.

If you could say one thing to the artists, producers, songwriters, and musicians that haven't gotten involved with "IdOMusic yet, what would it be?

Why not fall through..you have nothing to loose and plenty to gain..





Come out and experience "I do Music" for yourself on the 1ST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH @ Apache Cafe!




If You Enjoyed This Article Click Here to Subscribe



I dO Music!
"Empowering Musicians Worldwide"

1 comment:

  1. Sashay, you are by far one of the best women to rep hip hop..keep pushing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Type Comments Here...