Monday, October 20

To be thyself or to be sheep


All over the industry I observe. As I observe I fail to understand why indie artist in particular go with the flow of the game. Sure we have heads like Kayne West and Andre 3000 who "go all out" as far as image and music are concerned; however, how many can we count for the lack of creativity one could possess? A word simply put is sheep. There is nothing new under the sun, but how many people will jeopardize their musical ability just to follow a trend? I commend those who experiment and take their sound to the limit. I respect those who perform in Scooby Doo flip flops (Shout out Flyy Academy).Remember this is not a diss blog and not used to criticize anyone because we are all here for a reason, but what happened to the originality? Go all out! Who said you can't collab with a polka band! Go all Out! When you turn on the radio today, think to yourself! How can I challenge that song? Now I'm not saying that you should make a diss track towards Plies,all I am saying is how are you going to make that slot in replace of that particular song?You can go to all the different panels and conferences and they will tell you that: THE LABELS ONLY BUY ORIGINALITY! So keep werking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type Comments Here...