Monday, September 15

Septemebr-I dO Music RECAP



We are coming up on our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY and if September's I dO Music was any indication of what the anniversary event is to bring to the table, this show may single-handedly change the independent game as we know it. The talent presented by Patchwerk Recording Studios is beyond comparison and is sure to continue as the movement marches on.

This month's theme was Werking Your Record; With or without a Deal. Panelists included Speedy (Young Jeezy), Khao (T.I. , Reuben Studdard) and Desiree Williams (GM, Soundshop Record Stores). The discussion heated up in Apache once the panelists allowed attendees to sample their music on the spot. The conversations got real once the advice began to flow. Let's just say, everyone isn't ready for constructive criticism! In the end, many artists were able to walk away with sound and valuable advice from respected individuals currently thriving in the game. Click here for photos from the event!

This month's talent showcase was so impressive even our in-house critic, Rob Watson, found little room for critique. We featured such artists as, Snub, a fan favorite who proves that lyricism lives. Ms. Remedy, made a strong impression with her hit "Supa Dupa," and super duo, Heed, rocked the I dO Music stage once again with their unique sound and performance.


Next month is our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY and we have plenty of surprises in store for the celebration. Keep an eye on the website for more details. Until then, mark your calendar for the first Thursday on next month. We wouldn't want you missing out on the hottest netwerking event in the city!

Juice

2 comments:

  1. Hey! This is Pla'Boi I had words with Speedy I told him he was hating. Yeah that was a little funny I apologize, but my track wasn't wack a number of people that didn't know me walked up and said they doug my work I have been in attendance for the last three months I can remember only two acts that will make it in the game and have longevity to survive as artist Hollywierd is off the hook they got it and the cats at this last one with dude on drums. I believe you should have panelist that have experience in a wide variety of music I do my research I will continue to be at I Do Music I believe it is a good network event. Talent wise its okay. Sorry if I offended anyone there I will continue to grind I also disagree that some people were not ready for constructive critiszm, I was ready for real critiszm from people he doesn't speak for the whole world I will continue to perfect the craft and be in attendance. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE SHOW was bomb! I loved performing on the I DO Music stage, I look forward to working with you guys alot closer this quater of the year and brubg what ever can to the grind while building my expirience and knowledge everytime I step foot in Apache every 1st Thursday!!!!


    ALl them performance was crazy too. SHouts to Snub, The FountNhead, and Joe B!

    Peace and Dope!

    ReplyDelete

Type Comments Here...