Tuesday, July 21

NETWERKING 101 - The Twellow Pages

With social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook, it’s a challenge to find people who share the same interests as you or who can be of assistance to your career. In the past, I would find myself searching through endless profiles hoping to find local music artists, music journalists, podcasters, and PR and marketing consultants that I could converse with and begin building my network. I found people here and there; however, there was a lot of time and energy put into making that happen.


With the internet becoming more intelligent, I knew there was something out there that could cut the time and energy spent in searching for A-alikes in half. Almost a month ago, I stumbled upon The Twellow Pages. If I need to find a company and how to contact them in the “real world”, I would use the Yellow Pages (I would actually use the internet, but let’s use this as an example). That’s the concept of Twellow Pages, but for the “virtual world”.


Twellow grabs publicly available messages from Twitter.com, analyzes and categorizes each of the users responsible for those messages into the various categories found at Twellow. This allows you to cut through the clutter by narrowing your search into specific niches.


The most amazing feature found on the site is “Twellow Hood”. It allows you to find people within your region, state or city.


If you’re not on Twellow, all you need to do is connect your Twitter account to the platform. Once you’ve done that, setup a profile and specify which categories (up to 10) in which you belong. You can also post other social networking sites you subscribe to. This is one of the best ways for people to find you, as well as NETWERK!



We Want to Know Your Opinion... Leave Your Comments in the Comment Box Below!!And don't forget to come out and experience "I dO Music" for yourself on the 1ST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!


If You Enjoyed This Article Click Here to Subscribe and Keep Up With All "I dO Music" Blog Posts



Or Enter your email address here:



I dO Music!..."Empowering Musicians Worldwide"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type Comments Here...