Monday, June 1

I dO BEATS: Kamal

Every month at I dO MUSIC we have a segment titled "I dO BEATS". The crowd decides the winner and we sit the hottest producer down for a One on One at Patchwerk Recording Studios.

"I dO MUSIC" May brought us Kamal.



How long have you been producing music?

I've been actively producing for about 4 1/2 years now.


When did you realize this was the career for you?

I knew that music was my passion in about sixth grade when I was watching Miles Davis on 60 Minutes. It was an awakening of the senses. I was never really consumed by a career or anything prior to that....I then felt like being a musician was and IS a responsibility that I am willing to uphold to the highest quality.


Who are your influences?
Generalizing this is almost foolish but if I must say; My earlier years I was influenced by the Virgina Beach Movement as far as production and range being I'm from the Carolinas. As for total influences Quincy Jones, Jimmy Page, Mutt Lange, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Nellee Hooper etc, etc....

How did you get involved with the "IdOMUSIC" program?
I actually learned about I dO MUSIC events through the other events that were held at Apache Cafe. I used to do beat battles to get myself out there, but networking is your best bet in this BUSINESS.


What do you like most about "IdOMUSIC" program?

This event not only gives you the opportunity to network but also get feedback on your craft while displaying your skills. Its an artist/producers dream to get real critiques from people who actually MATTER.

If you could say one thing to the artist, producers, songwriters, and musicians that haven't gotten involved with "IdOMUSIC" yet, what would it be?

I would really want to say that this is a networking tool that really focuses in on us as musicians and it should never be missed.



Come out and experience "I do Music" for yourself on the 1ST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH @ Apache Cafe!




If You Enjoyed This Article Click Here to Subscribe



I dO Music!
"Empowering Musicians Worldwide"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type Comments Here...